The performance of German culture including the promotion of the German language in Cambodia is one of the main emphasis of German cultural policy in Cambodia.
The German Center at Meta House, together with the Goethe Institut, offers professional German language classes in Phnom Penh.
Learn German in Cambodia
Why learn German?
If you can speak German, you can
- include something on your CV that will catch the eye of prospective employers;
- study free of charge at a university in Germany, Austria or Switzerland;
- visit the Berlinale, go to Munich for the Oktoberfest or join in Karneval in Cologne;
- read the latest academic publications (German is the second most popular language in academic publications, and 28% of all books published worldwide are written in German);
- apply for jobs on the international stage. German is one of the official languages of the European Union and is also used in many other international organizations.